Congratulations to the students who are well on their way to completing the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge this year, and a special congratulations to Simra B from Year 7 who has already read her 20 books and completed the Challenge! Well done.
But even if you've only read a couple of books so far, that's fine, there is still plenty of time to keep reading and get involved in the 2020 NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge.
If you’re looking for your next PRC book to read check out the PRC Display in the Library or Wheelers ePlatform for an ebook.
There is also a PRC page in Canvas where you will find instructions, book lists, recommendations and discussions as well as fun stuff like Book Bingo, a Where to Read Chatterbox and Authors and Illustrators Showcase. If you would like to be added to the Canvas course please contact Mrs Denford in the Library.
Due to COVID-19 there have been some changes made to the 2020 PRC rules.
The main changes are:
- Students on all Challenge levels are able to read 10 choice books - an increase from five.
- Students on all Challenge levels will be able to include books on their reading records that they read collaboratively as a class, in person or online with their teacher or at home with their parents/carers.
- Students who complete the Challenge in 2020 will be able to count this towards cumulative awards.
- Students who do not participate in the Challenge in 2020 will not be disadvantaged in the receipt of cumulative awards.
- The Challenge will include Year 10 students in 2021 to allow all students the opportunity to meet the gold and platinum certificate and Challenge medal requirements.
For more information about the rule changes, or how to add the bonus choice books to your reading record, or if you’d like to sign up please email or see Mrs Denford in the Library.
The College Library